Who We Are:
Business Staffing of America, Inc. in conjunction with The Zion Group, Inc has been contracted to identify, recruit and hire interns for a 15-week program for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
When: Starts Spring 2022, for a minimum of 15 weeks. Typical work week is 40 hours per week.
Application Due: Immediately
- Los Angeles, CA
- West Haven, CT
- Washington, D.C.
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- West Roxbury, MA
- Buffalo, NY
- Canandaigua, NY
- Cleveland, OH
- Oklahoma City, OK
- San Antonio, TX
- Vancouver, WA
Compensation to You:
- Intern awardees will be paid a $500.00 weekly stipend.
- Round-trip airfare to/from internship location is provided for non-local students.
- Assistance to locate and secure housing during the internship for non-local students.
- Housing provided
The Benefit to You:
- Paid job opportunity
- Federal Holidays are observed
- Gain critical work experience
- Potential future employment with the Government
- Career networking opportunity
- Accumulate evidence of your abilities
- Improve your confidence
Who We Are Looking For:
The ideal candidate shall be:
- A student that is not currently a Federal employee.
- Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college or university. Undergraduate is defined as an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program.
- Recent student graduates from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited Minority Serving Institute (MSI) college or university. To qualify as a recent graduate the student’s official graduation date cannot exceed twelve (12) months prior to the start date of the internship period.
- Each candidate shall possess at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- The candidate shall also be able to pass a background investigation.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States (a lawful permanent resident or otherwise legally eligible to work in the US per for FAR part 22.18)
- Business- Management, Marketing, Human Resources (Under Graduate & Graduate)
- Statistics (Graduate)
- Geographic Information Science (Graduate)
- Liberal Arts and Sciences Studies and Humanities
- Health Professions and Related Programs
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Technologies/Technicians and Support Services
- Community Organization and Advocacy
- Computer and Information
- Sciences and Support Services
- English Language and Literature/Letters
- Human Services
- Legal Professions and Studies
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies
- Public Administration
- Public Policy Analysis
- Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender, and Group Studies
- Environmental Design
- Interior Architecture
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement
- Social Work
Student interns who possess the following characteristics are highly successful:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strategic thinking abilities
- Presentation and oral data collection skills
- Self-starter/can work independently
- Ability to adapt new skills and ideas to the public sector
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please click on "apply to position" below and follow the instructions by filling in the required information.
NOTE1: Please make sure you have all the required documentation prior to starting the application process because the system will not allow you to save an uncompleted application. The application has to be completed once it is started.
NOTE2: If the application has errors or is incomplete, the system will not forward your application. Please review your application for errors or omissions which will be identified by red text. If your application is completed successfully, you'll immediately see an "Application Submitted" message on your monitor.
Requirements for completing the application:
- Upload a current 1-page resume, reflecting work experience, volunteerism, awards, leadership, and extra-curricular activities, for Graduate and Doctoral students, CV's my not exceed three pages,
- Upload a copy of your recent official transcript.
- Provide (1) reference letter from a department chair, professor, or academic advisor. Lack of response from this individual on your behalf may disqualify your application.
- At a later point via an email request, you will complete a video essay of at least 200 words about yourself.
For the 2022 Spring Intern program, please complete this application as soon as possible. First come, First Interviewed.
If you have any questions or concerns with the application, please call Bennett Santana at 312-559-9222 Ext 3.